The SciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online) Citation Index is a program of the Sao Paulo Research Foundation for the cooperative publishing of open access journals on the internet. It covers research in Latin America, Spain, Portugal, the Caribbean and South Africa. Its database is now available on the new Web of Science platform.
The SciELO Citation Index includes:
– Nearly 650 titles from Latin America, Spain, Portugal, the Caribbean and South Africa.
– Over 4 million cited references.
– Open access with links to full text through the SciELO site.
– Weekly updates from the SciELO Brazil data feed.
– Simplified discovery process for local information in a regional database.
– An easy search experience with local language interface.
Additional information regarding the SciELO Citation Index can be found at:
You may also be interested in the LILACS database, the “most important and comprehensive index of scientific and technical literature of Latin America and the Caribbean”