The University Library provides access to the Asian Film Online volume 1 here.
Further information about the content of Asian Film Online can be found here.
Access this trial on or off campus via this link.
Please send your feedback on the trial to email@example.com. Thank you.
Highlights from volume 2 includes:
- Feature films from the rarely seen region of Assam in Northeast India, including works from Jahnu Barua and Utpal Borpujar
- The complete works of Vietnam’s Dang Nhat Minh, not available together in any other collection
- The largest available collection of films from Sri Lanka’s Sir Lester James Peries, winner of the Fellini Gold Medal at the 2003 Cannes International Film Festival
- Behind-the-scenes footage with award-winning Chinese filmmaker Zhang Yimou, including a detailed look at the creation of the opening and closing ceremonies at the 2008 Beijing Olympics
- Films from Iranian feminist Tahinineh Milani, whose controversial works address women’s rights and include award-winners like The Unwanted Woman, The Fifth Reaction, Two Women, The Hidden Half, and Ceasefire—one of the best-selling Iranian movies of all time