New to the University of Cambridge: Electronic Journals and Newspapers on Africa
Provided by the Columbia University Libraries, this resource brings together links for publications freely available on the internet.
To see a list of the publications included in the resource please go direct to the Columbia University Libraries site, here.
Some examples of the titles included in Electronic Journals and Newspapers on Africa are:
- The Point – Banjul, The Gambia. The online version of the week day newspaper, with an archive of selected back news stories organized under topics since August 2005.
- African Population Studies – Dakar, Senegal. Published twice per year by the UAPS – in English: the most recent issue and back issues are available.
- Citizen, The. = Mwananchi. – Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The electronic version of the Tanzanian daily newspaper in English or Swahili, published in Tanzania by the Kenyan company, The Nation Media Group.
- Le Mauricien – Port Louis, Mauritius. “La une” et une petite archive de vieux numéros. (electronic version of the current issue and a small archive of back issues).
- Addis fortune – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The electronic version of an Ethiopian business news weekly newspaper, with short news highlights and commentary. The archive offers back issues only since mid-December 2008.
Image: ‘Africa!’ by Emil Norden on Flickr, https://flic.kr/p/6Qgtvs