Trial access has been arranged to the complete Springer Materials Database until 13 April 2015.
Please send feedback on the trial to email@example.com. Thank you.
This is the world’s largest resource for physical and chemical data in materials science, but also contains material of interest to physics, engineering, chemistry and many other disciplines.The service contains the complete Landolt-Börnstein database of physical and chemical properties in Materials Science, with over 3000 properties of over 250,000 materials and chemical systemsAccess to a number of subset databases on subjects like inorganic solid phases, thermophysical properties, adsorption, chemical safety, and more…
- SpringerMaterials is a comprehensive database that covers the physical and chemical properties in Materials Science
- All content is critically reviewed by 1000+ external experts in the relevant fields
- The database contains the complete Landolt-Börnstein New Series, which spans from particles, atoms and nuclei to multi-phase systems.
- Users can browse for element systems using the periodic table, draw chemical structures and substructures.
- Complete bibliographic data is provided, along with links to the original content
- Quarterly updates to the database, with new books added, databases acquired and updated
The building blocks of SpringerMaterials
The Landolt-Börnstein Database: 400 volumes, 250,000 substances and 1,200,000 citations
- The complete Linus Pauling Files: A comprehensive database about the properties of inorganic solid phases, consisting of 255,000 documents
- A subset of the Dortmund Database of Software and Separation Technology. Covering the Thermophysical Properties of pure liquids and binary mixtures, with 425,000 data points
- An Adsorption database covering over 1,000 reversible, equilibrium isotherms
- A Polymer Thermodyamics database that contains 140,000 datapoints about 150 polymers
- 44,000 Chemical Safety Documents
- REACH Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals, GHS Globally Harmonized System RoHS Restriction of Hazardous Substances, WEEE Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Benefits for researchers
- Unrivaled database containing the most comprehensive collection of the properties of materials and chemicals, with the greatest scope and depth to ensure the researcher finds all the content in a single location.
- SpringerMaterials features a critical review process that ensures that the researcher can rest assured that the data is accurate, relevant and up to date.
- Intelligent search and content retrieval system, based on metadata that tags each of the 100,000+ documents with information describing its content like name and type of material, properties names, etc. This ensures the searches are accurate and efficient and the document contains exactly what you are looking for.
- Powerful and unique Periodic Table and Chemical Structure Search tools enable the researchers to search in an expansive way, and discover related materials for comparison.
- SpringerMaterials is highly relevant to research in the fields of
- Materials Science
- most Engineering
- SpringerMaterials is highly relevant to Research and Development in the following areas: Automotive, Aerospace and Aeronautics, Chemical Manufacturing, Electronics, Engineering, Materials and Steel, Oil, Gas and Geosciences, and Energy, Utilities and Environment