SAGE Research Methods Online is a research methods tool created to help researchers, faculty and students with their research projects.
SAGE Research Methods Online is now available at its new platform here:
The benefits of the new platform are:
- A unified platform for text and video content, providing users with a multimedia research experience
- A fully responsive site that will work well with all mobile phones and tablet devices
- Improved discoverability of content, both from within the platform and from external sources
- SAGE has improved the internal search, meaning better and more relevant results. The Methods Map has been improved, allowing users to explore method concepts with greater ease. The browse options have been enhanced to align with user needs – allowing browse by discipline, content type, and method topic.
- A focus on modern, enjoyable design for students, faculty, researchers and librarians, based upon extensive user-testing
Links to SAGE Research Methods Online
SAGE Research Methods Online is linked from the eresources@cambridge A-Z index page and all the eresources@cambridge A-Z subject pages and from the LibGuides Databases A-Z. Links to the individual titles in SAGE Research Methods Online are included in iDiscover. (Just now some links are included to the SRMO Datasets content that we do not subscribe currently – these links are in the process of being removed.)
User profiles set up on the old platform
- Your personal profile will be migrated across to the new site. When you first visit the new site, click ‘Profile’ in the top right hand corner of the page, and click ‘Reset you password’. Follow the instructions to reset your password. Once this is done you will be able to login.
Method Lists on the new site
- All your lists will be migrated across. They will now be called Reading Lists, but will contain all the content they contained on the current site.
Saved Searches on the new site
- These will not be available. The new site performs searches in a different manner to the current site. This means that saved searches cannot be migrated.
More about SAGE Research Methods Online
Links over 175,000 pages of SAGE’s book, journal and reference content with search and discovery tools. Researchers can explore methods concepts to help them design research projects, understand particular methods or identify a new method, conduct their research, and write up their findings. A “methods map” facilitates finding content on methods. SAGE Research Methods contains content from over 720 books, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and handbooks, the entire “Little Green Book,” and “Little Blue Book” series. Includes a collection of case studies of real social research.
If you have any questions or problems with access, please contact email@example.com. Thank you
One thought on “SAGE Research Methods Online: new platform”
Reblogged this on caslibraryblog.