New on ejournals@cambridge A-Z : Political Theology.
From the T&F website for the journal:
“The purpose of the journal is to foster scholarship in the area of political theology. Political Theology investigates the connections between religious and political ideas and practices. The journal is interdisciplinary, drawing on theology, religious studies, politics, philosophy, ethics, cultural studies, social theory, and economics. It reflects the diversity of religious and theological engagements with public and political life. The aims of the journal are to:
- Examine the explicit or implicit religious background to political movements, ideas, and practices
- Examine the political implications of religious movements, ideas, and practices
- Interrogate the way power operates at the intersection of religion and politics
- Reflect on the tradition of political theology in a global context, including voices from marginalized communities and a variety of religious traditions.
- Provide a bridge between discussions of political theology in different academic disciplines”
Now available to the University of Cambridge electronically from volume 1 (2000) to present.
Photo credit: Matty Stern/U.S. Embassy Tel Aviv – https://flic.kr/p/TQ9nCR (DSC_3714OSD)