EDINA is excited to announce the launch of Pilot Digimap, a new free (time limited) collection offering a selection of data on a trial basis.
Every user in every institution will be able to access Pilot Digimap free of charge, no subscription necessary.
EDINA works hard to identify and source new and useful datasets. With Pilot Digimap our aim is to make data available on a time-limited trial basis. You can rate your interest in any dataset using our new star rating system in Pilot Roam. We will invest in making datasets more permanently available where there is demonstrable interest in them.
Initially, Pilot Digimap will offer the following:
- UKMap a modern, highly detailed, feature-rich mapping database of Greater London. Its unique, innovative design offers users a flexible choice of integrated map features within a single geographic information source.
- UKBuildings a unique database created and regularly updated to help you understand the age, structure, characteristics and use, of commercial, public and residential buildings across the UK.
- UKLand a maintained, national land information database providing a detailed consistent breakdown of the use of land across the UK.
An EDINA Satellite data collection initially consisting of:
- Sentinel 2 derived cloud free optical mosaic for Great Britain, 2019.
- Sentinel 2 derived Near Infrared mosaic for Great Britain, 2019.
These collections will be available for free through Pilot Digimap until 31st July 2020. We will continue to add new datasets when they become available.
We will be holding two webinars (and making a recording available) about Pilot Digimap:
- Wednesday 1st April,11.30am – 12:30pm: Register now
- Friday 3rd April, 11-11:30am: Register now