Added to Global Data has been added to our access on Digimap (EDINA) and is available until 30th June 2020.
You will need to log in to the Digimap platform to be able to access the Global section of the site. Search for the University of Cambridge and you will be prompted to log in with Raven, if you are not already authenticated. You will then see a personal welcome message that let’s you know you have access.
Please send your feedback about the Global Data to us via the online form.
Digimap is an online map and data delivery service, available by subscription to UK Higher and Further Education establishments. Operated by EDINA at the University of Edinburgh, Digimap offers a number of data collections, including Ordnance Survey, historical, geological, LiDAR and marine maps and spatial data.
Global Digimap provides access to global datasets in cartographic styles and downloadable formats that are useful to you. The service provides the following:
- An easy to use interface to allow you to browse, annotate and print global maps.
- A data download facility to providing access to global datasets for use in GIS software.
Global Digimap offers two applications, Roam and Data Download.
Our Roam mappers let you view, customise and print maps. They all work in the same way but some offer additional features to make the most of their particular maps. You can:
- select your area of interest by searching, or zooming and panning
- view maps at one of our pre-defined scales
- annotate maps with symbols, lines, polygons and labels using drawing tools
- add buffer zones
- measure map features
- print maps at A4 and A3 size in PDF, PNG or JPG format
- customise map feature display (coming soon)
- select a different basemap
- compare 2 maps (coming soon)
Our Data Download tools allow you to download map data for use, for example, in GIS software or CAD software. They allow:
- selection of area of interest by drawing on the map, or with coordinates or National Grid tiles
- order multiple map data product(s) in one order
- data available in various formats (varies between products)
- amend and reorder any previous orders